- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup jaggery, grated or powdered
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp ghee or butter
Meethi roti is an excellent choice. Not only are they easy to make, but they’re also a nutritious alternative to traditional pancakes, as they contain no refined sugar. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to make your own jaggery Meethi roti (pancakes) at home.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the jaggery, milk, water, egg, and ghee or butter until the jaggery is dissolved.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until a smooth batter forms. Let the batter rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Once hot, pour a ladleful of the batter onto the pan and cook until bubbles form on the surface of the pancake and the edges start to dry out. Flip the pancake and cook until the other side is golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more ghee or butter to the pan as needed.
- Serve the jaggery pancakes warm with a drizzle of honey, maple syrup, or fruit compote, and enjoy!
These jaggery pancakes are a delicious and healthy breakfast option that the whole family will love. They’re easy to make and can be customized with your favorite toppings. Plus, they’re a great way to use up any leftover jaggery you may have in your pantry. So go ahead and give this recipe a try and enjoy the goodness of homemade jaggery pancakes!